Hello to all you lovely new and existing readers!
Today I started my first day of telling customers in store about my store blog and Facebook page. If I spoke to you today (or if my kind college put my card in your bag) then thank you for coming to have a look.
To further explain I am currently studying for my MSc Fashion Management degree at The Robert Gordon University.
I am writing my dissertation on social media and charity retailing. From which, I have constructed a survey that I really hope to get a good response from.
During the past couple of months, at the end of my volunteer working day each Friday I have been writing a blog post showing the latest items that we have in store that I think are worth highlighting. Everyone in the store does such a great job that I really am proud of working there and I really enjoy it.
I hope that my research can help the store towards understanding if a social media strategy would be a good idea.
Thank you to everyone who took my card today and if you have time to do the survey then I would be extremely grateful.
In terms of what we had in store today there was a few nice pieces.
In particular I love these formal gowns that we put onto the shop floor today.
They are floor length and both in sizes small (6 for the green and 8 for the red). I was tempted enough by them to try both on at the end of my day, I just couldn't resist! I'm sure they will go to a couple of very lucky owners.
.JPG) |
| Teal green formal gown. Size small (6), priced at £24.99 |
.JPG) |
| Red formal gown. Size small (8), priced at £24.99 |
We have these lovely shoes from New Look. I do like the black lace overlay. I placed them in the purple section.
.JPG) |
| New look shoes. Szie 4, priced at £4.29 |
On the left hand gondola we have a big selection of tie's for the men so if you want a change or a new splash of colour then do come and look at our selection.
Over on the left hand wall we have these platform black heel from Schuh. They are in great condition and have hardly been worn as far as I can tell.
.JPG) |
| Schuh black platform heels. Size 4, priced at £4.99 |
On the back wall I spotted this funky H&M skirt with optical lines and ruffle layering.
.JPG) |
| H&M skirt., Size 12, priced at £3.49 |
When we sold one of our necklaces I found this lovely piece to place in our pink display. It would be really nice with a v-neck top or over a high neckline standing out against another colour.
.JPG) |
| Necklace. Priced at £3.29 |
At the front of the store we have this bright patterned top (or dress!). Do you ever have that dilemma where you're not sure which one it is? Either way I suppose it would depend on your height but I think the colours are fabulous and summery.
.JPG) |
| Bright top/dress. Size 12, priced at £3.29 |
If you like your bag to go across your body then this handbag is a great find and the pattern is really lovely.
.JPG) |
| Across the body handbag. Priced at £2.79 |
We also put this bag out today. It's from Marks & Spencer and has plenty of room inside and the bright blue colour is beautiful.
.JPG) |
| Marks & Spencer bag. Priced at £7.99 |
On the books and men's gondola we have this funky contraption! If you're an avid golfer (or if you know someone who is) then this is the ideal gadget. I'm forever trying to think of what to get my brother as he's a keen golfer so if you know someone similar then this would be perfect for them.
.JPG) |
| Golf ball cleaner. Priced at £3.49 |
We also got some great travel games into the store today. A little Cluedo set sold quickly. It was really sweet with all the magnetic pieces. This chess set has all the pieces included or if you're looking for something more simple then there're also connect 4!
.JPG) |
| Games!! Chess set priced at £1.29. Connect 4 priced at 99p |
Finally we have this little guy! Well it's a bottle cover (we think) for you to dress up your bottle with. He's sitting on the cash desk at the moment cleverly displayed by my college!
.JPG) |
| Bottle cover, Priced at £1.69 |
Thank you for reading, hopefully I will be putting up various posts over the week of me handing out my cards in store. Have a good evening :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment