Friday, 12 July 2013

Sunny Daze

So this week I have been doing research within my store for my dissertation. Store staff have kindly let me interview them. The thing is, until today I haven't had a chance to really see what is in store! 

Today the sun was out in Aberdeen and so was the population of the city it would seem. It's really lovely to be in the shop when everyone is happy and the sun is shining. This morning we re-organised some of the displays so that everything was matching again. After moving blue out of this section I updated our (now officially named) peacock section. For anyone who is wondering, one of the rings donated by Sunita Shroff has been bought but there is still the amber coloured one for sale in store. 

I re-organised this section to go from white, to yellow and orange colours. There is a great white hat at the top which someone commented today would work wonderfully for Easter! A bit far into the future but how cute would it look with some eggs and chicks stuck on? Then again, maybe I'm taking that too far... Anyway, here is a photo of that section

White, yellow and orange display at front window
Fringed bags are on trend at the moment and the beige one on the left hand side of this photo would be a great addition to your daytime outfit. Also your white shirts on the right will keep you looking light and summery. Black and white will also continue as a trend into autumn but more as white pieces with small elements of black such as check detailing. In the yellow section I found this lovely little cardigan. 

Kaliko cardigan priced at £4.99. Size 16
This cardigan is a great find as full price Kaliko pieces can sell for between £50-60 (see the website here). The bow details will be coming through in the next season. This detailing gives the piece an element that can easily transform it into a piece that works for both day and night. Shame it's too big for me! 

Next to this section we have a lovely flowery and beige top from Next which is in excellent condition. Flower patterns are key for summer and this piece is really light and fun. 


Front view Next top. £ 4.49. Size 14
Next top back view with flower pattern
Above this display arm is another floral piece. There is a great weekend bag that is perfect for the season. If you're looking for a small going away bag then this is definitely for you! 

Weekend bag priced at £3.49
Next along from this bag we have some great summer dresses which were flying of the shelves today! I know I was wearing my summer dress today so I can understand everyone else wanting to buy some.
Just before I left this afternoon I spotted this nice little dress.

Costes dress priced £3.69. Size small.
This dress has a tiny little butterfly pattern and I really like the green tie at the waist. It is from a brand called Costes. I have no knowledge on the label but I think this would be a great piece in any summer wardrobe. 
In the same section of dresses we have an Aztec pattern Billabong dress. I really love the pattern and the colours. Billabong is an Australian brand who make casual clothes that really last. A new Billabong dress would probably sell for around £40-50. 


Billabong dress priced at £3.29. Size small. 
We also have a floral dress from Monsoon. It would be perfect for someone who was looking for something a bit longer. The shape would be very complementary as it is tightest just under the chest. 

Monsoon dress priced at £8.29. Size 10
Along the wall we have this handbag that I really like. It is in perfect condition and the checks are in really nice colours. I'm not sure what brand it is but it is certainly a different and very stylish handbag I would say!

Handbag priced at £4.99
Next we have this bag in the front gondola display of the store. 

Handbag priced at £5.99
I don't recall where it is from but the colour is great and the bag is in perfect condition. It has a short shoulder strap for holding. 
On this display we also have this top from Jaeger. Jaeger tops can sell for as much at £100 and we're only selling this one for £7.79! If it doesn't sell by next week then I might be seriously tempted to buy it! Also the white with black detailing, as mentioned earlier, will be perfect for Autumn. 

Jaeger top priced at £7.70. Size small. 
In our peacock section we have some really nice purple dresses such as this ruffle piece from coast.

Coast dress £8.29. Size 8
Ruffles are another incoming trend and this is a great steal. I also love that it goes over one shoulder. My photo really does not do this piece justice though! 
Behind that one we have a dress from Topshop with pattern detailing on the material. 

Purple Topshop dress priced at £7.29. Size 10.
Behind that piece we have a lovely emerald coloured dress from Zara. The elasticated waist and three quarter sleeves would really flatter so many figures. 

Zara dress priced at £6.99. Size xtra small.
In terms of shoes we have a really nice pair of black heels with lace detailing. They are also in our peacock section and would be a interesting alternative to your regular black heels! The slingback catch means that your shoes can be adjusted no matter where you wear them in. 

Black heels priced at £4.29. Size 6
We also have a pair of purple and black fur (type) pumps from Marks & Spencer which we put in the window display. They're in perfect condition and I really quite like them myself! 

Autograph shoes from Marks & Spencer priced at £6.79. Size 5.
Next to them we have a fantastic pair of wellies from Juju. I know T in the Park is already on this weekend but if you have a festival coming up then wellies are a must-have! They are size 7 and hardly worn and are in a funky pattern. Juju make some great colourful wellies and would normally be priced at around £18-20. 

Juju wellies priced at £2.99. Size 7. 
My final pair of featured shoes are these cute pumps by Next. If you are looking for a nice pair for the summer then these would be perfect. It is one of those times when I really wish my feet were smaller! 

Next pumps priced at £2.99. Size 4. 
At the back of the store we have re-organised the back wall with ladies wear. At the moment we have pieces divided into spots, stripes and checks. This idea creates a really nice backdrop to this side of the store and brightens up the area as shown in the photo below. 

Back wall spots, stripes and check display. 
Within which there's is a nice little crop top which I have been eyeing up for a few days. 

Crop top with front tie priced at £4.29. Size small.
What is more, if you have a wedding coming up (as it is the season!) then you might need a hat. If so, we had a great light blue Debenhams one as shown below.

Blue hat priced at £4.99
With regards to jewellery we do have a nice pair of feather earrings in bright orange and purple. If you are looking for bright accessories then these are definitely a bargain worth getting. I have a pair of green feather earrings and they are great to wear as big earrings but which are incredibly light and won't weigh down your ears. 

Feather earrings priced at 99p
Finally, we have a beautiful dress on our window mannequin. I took off the black piece that was on her today as the sun was shining and I was sure a more lighter and colourful piece would catch the eye of passers by. 
I dressed the mannequin with a dress from Laura Ashley. Yet again, it is a nice piece for summer events and is a great shape. I would recommend coral shoes with it to bring out that pop of colour in the pattern.

Laura Ashley dress priced at £8.29. Size 8.
That concludes this week's post. Keep and eye ouy next week for when I'm back in store again and I'll show you some more great finds. Till then, enjoy the sun and your weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment