I hope you all had a good weekend. I didn't write this weeks post on Friday as I had a very busy weekend! I travelled down to York on Saturday for a school reunion boat party and it was a great night. It was a fair journey down and back though, how did it go so fast and get to Monday already?
Looking back, Friday was a mainly sunny day in the deen. Upon getting into work I was told that next week we're getting a donation of bridal dresses and formal gowns, how exciting! It will be really nice to display them and I'm sure they'll get a lot of interest. For which, we're saving fascinators and formal bits and pieces to enhance the display with. I'll make sure to take a few snaps of the new frocks when they come in.
On Friday we decided to re-sort some sections of the shop. We brightened the front window with some hot pink and gold. Here is a photo of that section in the sunshine.
To point out some nice pieces from this display we first have a fabulous pair of gold and silver heels. They have hardly been worn and are from Marks & Spencer's in a size 7, wide fit. They have a lovely gel sole which will surely make them more comfy on the long run. They are in excellent condition still with the label on and we're selling them at £22.49.
![]() |
| Marks & Spencer's formal heels. Size 7, priced at £22.49 |
Also in this section we have some great bags such as this summery beach bag in lilac. You wouldn't have to worry about getting it wet and there is an extra small bag for your valuables/phone etc.
![]() |
| Lilac bag. Priced at £4.79 |
At the top of this display I've dressed the mannequin on a light gold top and pink skirt. The skirt is rather lovely and I imagine would be a great holiday skirt that could be worn both casually and formally for dinner.
If you're looking for greeting cards then we do have a wide selection in store such as the ones pictured below. We also have this nice little pink sparkly clutch bag for sale at only £1.99.
![]() |
| Greeting cards and pink clutch bag. Priced at £1.99. |
In the back corner of the store we have added a splash of block colour of blue. The top waterfall arm was slightly overhanging on the bottom one so a bit of moving meant that both display arms can be seen clearly and a rail of scarves cleverly fills the space in the corner. I really like the Betty Jackson top on the top left as the colour is just fantastic. Betty Jackson is a designer of clothes within her concession which is sold in Debenhams.
This top would look great with white trousers perhaps then heels of the same colour (if you can find them!). R got a nice pair recently from New Look (click to follow the link). There are a few blue pairs available but I don't think the pair that she bought are on sale anymore.
![]() |
| Betty Jackson top. Size 12, priced at £6.29. |
![]() |
| Floral shorts. Size 8, priced at £2.79 |
Along the left hand wall I spotted this handbag. It's from River Island and is in a really good condition. The snakeskin print is totally on trend for the coming season and a red bag (just like red shoes) is sure to go with plenty of things!
![]() |
| River Island red handbag. Priced at £6.79. |
![]() |
| Front window mannequins |
![]() |
| Jane Norman jungle print dress. Size 10, priced at £6.29. |
![]() |
| *New* Jasper Conran top. Size 8, priced at £19.99. |
![]() |
| Handbag. Priced at £2.99. |
Moving along we also have this pair of black suede (genuine suede) heels from Next. They are in great condition and still have the box that they were sold in! They are for sale at £18.99.
![]() |
| Next (new) black suede heels. Size 4, priced at £18.99. |
In our purple and pink section we have this love fuchsia dress. I didn't manage to note the make of the dress but it's in top condition and the silver detailing is really attractive.
![]() |
| Fuchsia dress. Size 10, priced at £7.29. |
Below the mannequin in the window we placed this pair of sandals. Now, I don't know about you but last week my feet were far too hot in my pumps! If you are looking for a pair of inexpensive sandals then do pop in to see us as we have a few pairs in at the moment.
![]() |
| Red strap sandals. Size 7, priced at£1.99. |
Regarding summer tops we have this very pretty one in from H&M. You could wear it over your swimwear or as a lovely evening top. Plus, coral is such a lovely colour on tanned skin!
![]() |
| Bright coral top. Size 10, priced at £3.79. |
From our dresses section we have this rather sweet strapless dress. I think the floral pattern to stripes at the bottom makes this a really different and quirky piece.
![]() |
| Summer dress. Size 8, priced at £3.99. |
Also with the dresses we have this beautiful floor length dress.It would've worked perfectly with our pink and purple section but unfortunately it was a bit small for the mannequin to wear. However, if you are a petite little lady then this size 6 piece would be great for keeping your legs a bit warmer with it's floor length design.
![]() |
| Floor length print dress. Size small (6), priced at £6.29. |
Also on the side wall opposite menswear we have lots and lots of hats! If you are looking for a cap to keep the sun out of your eyes then you will be spoilt for choice here...
| wall 'o' hats |
Finally, at the back of the store I spotted this nice bag. The front straps does have an element of Gucci design to it. I couldn't easily find a label inside, however, the design ensures that everything inside will be kept safe with the top zip pockets. It has a long strap that can be worn over the shoulder and the tan colour means that it will match with almost anything!
![]() |
| Over-the-shoulder handbag. Priced at £8.99. |
So, as I mentioned earlier my feet were getting very warm in my purple pumps so when Lisa pointed out these sandals that we had for sale I leaped upon them! They are from Marks & Spencer and I'm sure they'll get a good wear this summer if the weather continues the way it has been recently. I took this photo of them as I was waiting on the bus home.
I hope you all had a great weekend and that Monday isn't passing too slowly. I feel better for having written my post for this week.
Also this week I should be getting my business cards back from the printers. I made two designs of cards with information on this blog and on the Facebook page that I am in the process of making. The aim is that once I have finished my online questionnaire that you lovely readers might be able to help with my dissertation research. Keep an eye out for updates, the cards should be ready tomorrow! Ciao for now and thanks for reading.




















No comments:
Post a Comment