Friday, 23 August 2013

It's finally Friday again!

Hello all!

Happy weekend, and bank holiday weekend isn't it? I forget what weekend are like at the moment with my dissertation. Just over a month until my final deadline hand in. I always vowed that I would be more organised but time just catches up with you. Anyways I will be very happy once I am done and I can at least see the finish line.With my dissertation looming I was not able to go into the store last Friday, hence my delayed post this week.

I got into the store today carrying in my donation of three lampshades and a bag of Mum's clothes to donate. Oh and the token five pairs of hotel slippers.

It was really good getting stuck back into sorting through the various displays today and making sure everything was nicely presented. I'm pleased with the results and I think the shop floor is looking lovely just now :-)

So I have quite a few photos as I missed out on a week but it makes it all the more exciting when I do come in.

Firstly we have have dedicated this rail to black and white tops so there are spots and stripes and just about  any pattern you can imagine with black and white.

Black and white rail
 Next we've got a pop of yellow between our dresses and our brown, white and orange wall section. the orange between the white breaks up the rail rather nicely.

Side wall section
M&Co autumn themed top. Size medium, priced at £3.69
Brown over the shoulder handbag. Priced at £6.99
In the dresses section I found this vibrant geometric print dress/top from Next. I'm never too sure with the length of things sometimes!

Next dress/top. Size 14, priced at £6.79
 Now I love this next top. It is dusty pink and sparkly and from Zara. What I think is really interesting is the slit up the back giving it really interesting detailing

Dusty pink sparkly top from Zara. Size large, priced at £5.69
Ohhh check out the back of it :-)
 There is also a nice sheer dress from Topshop. It would be perfect with a little black slip underneath. Hopefully it can still be squeezed into someone's summer wardrobe.

Topshop dress. Size small, priced at £3.79

On the far window display wall we have a section for red and black and on the top waterfall arm there is a bright red shirt from Oasis.


Oasis shirt. Size 10, priced at £4.29
Red and black display
We also have a funky dogtooth style print dress from Wallis and a vibrant print handbag.

Handbag. Priced at £4.99

Wallis jumper dress. Size small, priced at £5.79
In the green and blue hues area we have several lovely tops and dresses as shown in the photos. This includes a funky 70s style print shirt from Gap. Does anyone have a 70s themed party coming up?

Green and blue area
Coast top. Size large, priced at £4.79
Warehouse dress. Size 6, priced at £4.29
Gap 70s style print dress. Size medium, priced at £4.49
 On the left hand side of the store we have moved the pink and purple section dispersed with an arm of short dresses.

Pink and purple section
 There are also some very nice skirts on this arm just to the left of the purple bits and bobs. This Next skirt at the front is particularly classy!

Lotsa skirts. Next white and black skirt is a size 10, priced at £4.29
H&M purple and pink skirt. Size 10, priced at £3.29
Primark skirt. Size 12, priced at £2.49
Zara checkered skirt. Size 10, priced at £5.29 
I also put an arm of purple and gold scarves in this section just to add a little something to a spare spot. I think they blend in quite nicely and filled the empty gap that was annoying me :-) Above the scarves there is a fabulous pair of sold gold new shoes from Monsoon.

Assorted purple and gold scarves
*New* Monsoon heels. Size 5, priced at £16.99
Just to the left of the gold and purple we have another arm of purple tops and this bohemian one at the front it rather nice. Also it gave me a great place to put this lime green scarf!

Purple and green bohemian top
Bright pink shirt from Next. Size 18, priced at £4.49
I also spotted some other nice little tops shown in the photos below-

Dorothy Perkins top. Size 10, priced at £3.79
Jane Norman top. Size 8, priced at £4.69
There are a few of blazers and jackets in the store. For example, we have a summery Zara blazer one and a cosy looking jacket from River Island.
Zara blazer. Size medium, priced at £4.69

River Island jacket. Size 12, priced at £10.79
 A new colleague of ours at the store dressed this mannequin beautifully so I thought it definitely deserved a spot on the blog wall of fame! :-)

Lovely dressed mannequin
There are a couple more dresses over this side of the store that are worth mentioning. I'm not normally a fan of Quiz but I am slightly obsessed with tartan and checkered items so I really quite like this red tartan dress. there is also this pretty summery dress from Oasis. 

Quiz red tartan dress. Size 10, priced at £5.49
Oasis dress. Size 14, priced at £4.79
Finally, in the bric-a-brac we have this double picture frame in Rennie Mackintosh style. It is in perfect condition and would be a fantastic present for anyone who likes his style. In addition there are some nice green ceramics and glassware on our shelves. 

Rennie Mackintosh double picture frame. Priced at £19.99
Green ceramics and glassware
So, that completes my post for this week. All this writing has made me peckish for a 10pm late night snack. I hope you enjoyed the photos. I will update you again next week when I will hopefully be a lot further on with my dissertation.
Happy weekend to everyone!

P.s. I feel sorry for anyone who has wandered into Aberdeen City tonight, absolutely bucketing it down with rain! Hope everyone remembered their brollies :-) 

No comments:

Post a Comment