Monday, 12 August 2013

Going to the chapel and we're gonna get married!

Today we finally got to set up our bridal and formal gowns in the store!
I arrived in the morning and we all quickly got to work re-arranging the store to make space for the new display. 

The purple and pinks have been moved to the left hand wall of the store freeing up the main window display.
After that we had to decide where we would put everything. 

My colleagues and I thought that it would look nicest with the bride and groom together on one side with another dress on an additional lady mannequin in the other window. 

There brides dress is simply beautiful. It is red and silver beaded with a strapless top. The train really is stunning with it's detailing.We did have a bit of a challenge deciding what to do with the it though! Finally we decided to elevate it so that it might not get accidentally stepped on. 

The next challenge was finding a shirt to go with the grooms grey suit. We found a plain light blue one that will suit until we manage to find a white one. I have to admit he looks rather dapper in his get up. Doing the grooms tie took me back to my school days. I say that as though it were years and years ago!. 




Husband and wife to be. Mens suit from Next, jacket size 34 and trousers size 36. Ladies dress size 12
To the left of the mannequins we dressed the side wall with the formal red dress that I posted about a couple of weeks ago and a plain white two piece dress. We placed a formal hat on a stand in the corner. 

I think the dress looks fantastic from the window. Safe to say the whole display received lots of attention during the day. I should also mention that all these dresses are new and have been kindly donated to the store. 

On the opposite wall we displayed various other dresses and bridesmaids gowns. There were a lot of these purple ones in various sizes in two styles, one set with straps and the other with a halterneck design. We put a few floating shelves in the window with some of the colourful shoes that had been donated. I think the red ones are really nice and would really nicely as formal shoes in general and not necessarily for a wedding occasion. 



Beside the happy couple my colleague decorated the wall with a collection of wedding themed items that she had been saving up. I think they all look lovely together. 


We moved the pyramid from beside the cash desk and put it beside our wedding section filled with a large selection of wedding shoes both for ladies and for little girls. On the left of the pyramid we also have suits and formal jackets for the men.


Finally, in the other window we let the lady wear her less formal evening dress. It's hard to see from the photo but the dress has lovely diamante detailing and the shape is really elegant and simple. 


Before I left this afternoon I had the chance just to take a few snaps of some pieces in store. I'm sorry to say that I didn't get any menswear so apologies to any chaps out there. I promise I'll get some photos of menswear next time. Not to say that I think I have much knowledge on male fashion! 

This Oasis top has been in the store for a while now and I think the pattern is really lovely. It is new and still has the label on so it's priced at £22.49. 

Oasis top. Size large, priced at £22.49 
With regards to other shoes we have this strappy pair from Barratts. They are in great condition and are being sold at only £3.29.

Barratts shoes. Size 4, priced at £3.29
We have some cool tops in as well such as this one from next. it would work well for the office perhaps with some black trousers. Maybe more a autumn/winter piece though rather than summer.

Next top. Size 14, priced at £4.29
In the dresses, and on the same theme of spots, I found this dress from Next. It also still has the label and so is in perfect condition.
Next spotty dress. Size 10, priced at £9.99
When I was moving things from the purple section around I picked up these fantastic shoes. They way they were displayed you would have missed the colour block heels. I've now put them above the new purple section so that you can see those lovely heels! I'm afraid I could not find size detailing so you will just have to try them on for size :-)

Limited collection @ Marks & Spencer. Priced at £6.79
Finally just before I left I decided I had to buy this top. I seem to have a thing about sequins and anything that is shiny. I am a total closet magpie it would seem! Anyway I am very pleased with my little purchase at only £3.29. 

Look sequins top. Size 12, priced at £3.29
Thank you for reading. I will be posting again either this Friday or next.
I am busily writing my dissertation at the moment. Only seven weeks until d-day! What should I do to celebrate at the end?

Bye for now and do pop in store to have a closer look at our new dresses, especially if you know someone who is looking for a great priced wedding frock :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment