The charity shop that I volunteer at is a great find within Aberdeen City for quality second-hand goods. Money raised from this store go towards vital fundraising for the charity who are "committed to helping children throughout the UK".
My aim, as a volunteer at this store is to highlight the great work going on, highlighting store events, fabulous fashion finds and new store layouts.
On a weekly basis I seek to make at least one post about the store.
In addition, I hope to gauge the potential for social media and blogging within charity retail stores. This blog will include surveys and questions which I hope you will take the time to participate in.
I have been volunteering in the store for around 4 months now for one day per week. The stores' close knit staff made me feel welcome from the very first day. Currently, I am studying for my MSc in Fashion Management. For my undergraduate I studied 3D Design, specifically, Jewellery. During which I always had a keen interest in the value of materials and I am particularly passionate about re-using materials towards altering conceptions of value.
I have always loved shopping in charity stores and have been able to find some great bargains in my time. Working at this store was originally planned towards working on my dissertation. From which, I have taken far more from my time at the store so far and have enjoyed it far more than I could have imagined. Having the freedom to design store layouts has been a totally worthwhile opportunity and chance to express my creativity whilst applying knowledge from my course.
During the course of my blog I welcome any comments or feedback. Please share this page with anyone who you think might be interested.
My aim, as a volunteer at this store is to highlight the great work going on, highlighting store events, fabulous fashion finds and new store layouts.
On a weekly basis I seek to make at least one post about the store.
In addition, I hope to gauge the potential for social media and blogging within charity retail stores. This blog will include surveys and questions which I hope you will take the time to participate in.
I have been volunteering in the store for around 4 months now for one day per week. The stores' close knit staff made me feel welcome from the very first day. Currently, I am studying for my MSc in Fashion Management. For my undergraduate I studied 3D Design, specifically, Jewellery. During which I always had a keen interest in the value of materials and I am particularly passionate about re-using materials towards altering conceptions of value.
I have always loved shopping in charity stores and have been able to find some great bargains in my time. Working at this store was originally planned towards working on my dissertation. From which, I have taken far more from my time at the store so far and have enjoyed it far more than I could have imagined. Having the freedom to design store layouts has been a totally worthwhile opportunity and chance to express my creativity whilst applying knowledge from my course.
During the course of my blog I welcome any comments or feedback. Please share this page with anyone who you think might be interested.
No comments:
Post a Comment